Solution to Abnormal Bleeding
For many pre-menopausal women in their 30s or 40s, or women suffering from endometriosis, heavy menstrual bleeding or abnormal bleeding is not uncommon. In fact, heavy bleeding affects about 10 million women, or 1 out of every 5 women.1
Heavy bleeding and severe blood loss is a big concern that should not be ignored. Studies have shown it can significantly affect women socially, physically and emotionally.
If you’re having the following symptoms during periods, it’s time to come in and talk with us about treatment.
- Soaking through sanitary pad or tampon consistently throughout the day
- Bleeding more than once a month or long periods
- Feelings of depression or mood changes
- Headaches or migraines
- Inability to work or participate in social, athletic or sexual activities
- Severe pain
The Gabrielson Clinic for Women offers effective ablation procedures to treat heavy bleeding so you can get back to your everyday activities, worry and pain-free.
Hysteroscopy is an outpatient procedure that uses a hysteroscope, which is a small, slender telescope that transmits light to view the inside of the uterus. A hysteroscopy is typically used for tissue diagnostics, patients with abnormal bleeding, post menopausal bleeding, and removal of polyps.
An ablation is a quick, one-time outpatient procedure to lighten or end your heavy or abnormal bleeding.
Ablation benefits include:
- No pills, incisions, or pre-treatment medicine
- May return to work in 24 hours
- Mild to no pain
- Can be performed anytime, even during your cycle
- 90% of women return to normal, light or no periods at all2
We offer the following minimally invasive and effective ablation procedures for heavy bleeding.
NovaSure Endometrial Ablation
During this procedure, the doctor inserts a small wand with a triangle-shaped net that expands, covering the size and shape of the uterus. Once expanded, the netting sends radiofrequency energy for around 90 seconds, removing the uterine lining. Once complete, the doctor will remove the wand, net and uterine lining.
This outpatient procedure uses heated saline to treat the uterine lining.
Don’t suffer any longer from heavy menstrual bleeding. Contact us today to schedule a consultation.
- National Women’s Health Resource Center. Survey of women who experience heavy menstrual bleeding data on file; 2005.
- Cooper J, et al. A Randomizes, multicenter trial of safety and efficacy of the NovaSure system in treatment of menorrhagia. J Am Assoc Gynecol Laparosc. 2002; 9:418-428.